GeoMarketing’s Link Picks Of The Week:
- Generation Z is Shaping the Back-To-Class Shopping Season— Jennifer Overstreet, NRF Blog
- Smart Speaker Market Enjoys Explosive Growth— Gavin O’Malley, MediaPost
- 3 Content Optimization Tips for Voice Search Success — Ashley Ward, SearchEngineJournal
- QSR website access suits surge: Are you prepared? — Brian Cole, QSR Web
- Consumers Can’t Find Your Restaurant Online. Here’s Why— Rev Ciancio, Yext Blog
Top Stories of the Week:
“Price and convenience are important” as part of a loyalty/rewards program, but “they are increasingly table stakes. More and more, consumers are looking to premium brands to provide value beyond the transaction,” says Erica Richey, at ThirdLove.
4. Apple’s iOS 12 Allows Users To Greater Control Over Notifications — Here’s What It Means For Local Marketers
While most of the new features were previewed in June, iOS 12 gets its full release the week of Sept. 17. And it could significantly alter which notifications are seen and which aren’t.
Even though just 17 percent use voice to initiate a one-time order for pick-up in-store, as more brands strike deals with Google and Amazon, that will likely change as well as more smart devices alter the way people initiate a purchase, an Adobe study suggests.
“Visitor origination is the straw that stirs the drink,” writes Arrivalist GM/CRO James Smith.
“Amazon first invited businesses to sell on Amazon nearly two decades ago, and today, small and medium-sized businesses are a vital part of Amazon’s large selection and commitment to customers,” says Amazon VP Nicholas Denissen.