Working under general direction, provide overall administrative management and coordination of a variety of business related functions; administrative support and office management. Assist the Vice President of Enrollment Management and the leadership team while working in partnership with the Division of Enrollment Management to support staff, identify concerns, foster morale and ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day operations. Responsible for confidential, strategic and time-sensitive material. Assignments may be long-term and require the individual to rely on own resources in task accomplishment. Work regularly with confidential and time sensitive materials.
- Provide complex administrative support to the leadership team in the organization of all aspects of the office including appointments, telephone contacts and correspondence. Take initiative to schedule reoccurring meetings in advance. Look forward to project the needs of the leadership team. Process complex and highly confidential information. Relay information on sensitive matters to constituents, external or within the university. Schedule meetings and maintain necessary correspondence with attendees; take minutes. Coordinate retreats and strategic planning meetings, including planning for the Posse Retreat and Faculty Senate Committee on Undergraduate Education (FSCUE) meetings. Ensure proper meeting requirements, such as supporting meeting materials, room accommodations, meals, parking arrangement, audio/visual needs, directions, etc. for all meetings. Determine the priority of an appointment request and reschedule other appointments as necessary in order to accommodate urgent appointment requests. (30%)
- Assist departments with special projects as assigned by the vice president for enrollment management or the dean of undergraduate admission. Projects may include assisting with the travel planning for prospective students at fly-in programs and providing support for scholarship programs. (20%)
- Anticipate expenses, consider any cost-saving measures and assist the leadership team with their expense reports. After travel is completed, take initiative to seek out receipts for expenditures to ensure timely submittal of expense reports. Maintain excellent records of expense reports of the leadership team. Be prepared for regular audits. (10%)
- Make all necessary travel arrangements for the vice president of enrollment management and other members of the leadership team. Make hotel and airfare reservations, process and reconcile all travel expenses and reimbursements. Ensure proper approval for all travel and follow all university policies and procedures. Manage the filing system for the vice president and directors which contains hardcopy, electronic, archival documents, reports and confidential documents. (10%)
- Schedule student recruitment trips for the leadership team. Schedule high school visits, respond to college fair requests and schedule alumni dinners in specific geographic territories. (10%)
- Order all office supplies for enrollment management, marketing for enrollment management and the office of undergraduate admission. Maintain standard office supplies for general office use. Consider any cost-saving measures to reduce overall spending. Submit requisitions for purchase orders for staff throughout the division. Submit invoices in a timely manner. (10%)
- Assist new employees and update staff rosters. Assist new employees with building access, keys (if necessary), update staff rosters and email lists for the department and division, schedule UTech appointments and phone service requests. Work with supervisors to prepare for all new employees. Coordinate access for new employees in various software applications, ensure new employee has all of the appropriate technology and supplies needed prior to arrival. Order any necessary office supplies, furniture, business cards and nametags. (5%)
- Manage the building maintenance and repairs for Wolstein Hall. Keep employees apprised of upcoming projects and work with the associate director for events to schedule around peak visitation periods. Open and review all mail for the departments within enrollment management to be aware of critical issues, people and events. (5%)
- Keep current on legislation, events, etc. relative to the division of enrollment management. (<1%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (<1%)
Department: Daily continuous contact with all employees within the division of enrollment management to schedule meetings, assist with ordering supplies and process expense reports.
University: Frequent contact with the offices of the president and provost, deans and vice presidents, directors, faculty and staff within the university to schedule meetings, confirm attendance and share information in relation to projects and committees.
External: Frequent contact with vendors, prospective students, parents, transfer students, guidance counselors and alumni to order supplies and schedule meetings.
Students: Continuous contact with members of the welcome team, tour guides, orientation leaders and ambassadors to oversee projects as needed and schedule meetings.
This position has no direct supervision of staff employees. Supervise the work of office staff in day-to-day activities.
Experience: 6 years of related experience required.
Education/Licensing: High school education required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain effective working relationships with others and to effectively communicate with various individuals from a broad spectrum of disciplines, technical and educational backgrounds external or within the university community.
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy, time management skills and follow-through.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of leadership. Strong initiative to implement improvements on efficiency and effectiveness in administrative functions.
- Effective management skills; ability to lead, train, work with and elicit cooperation from team members and staff.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within a team. Must be highly motivated, responsible, dependable and a self-starter.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Effective problem-solving skills; must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, sound judgment and good decision-making.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to work under pressure; must be able and willing to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timeline.
- Ability to rely on and follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to perform various administrative functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Google Applications and Financial Systems (specifically, Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise).
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn new techniques, procedures, processes and computer programs as needed.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors and customers face to face.